Thursday, October 26, 2006

Loveshack...baby loveshack...



I feel the need to make a comment about the new club in Durham, 'Loveshack'. Now Durham is crap for clubs, it doesn't pretend not to be. What with Klute, the worst voted club in Europe, and a total of 4 other clubs or something the city leaves a lot to be desired. So you can imagine our interest at a new club appearing on what is going to be a whole new complex in Durham! I've ended up in there three nights in a row this week-hence the need to talk about it. Now you all know me- getting me to go out sometimes can be like pulling teeth, so how did I end up there three nights running? By complete and utter chance actually!
Sunday night: supposed to get the boat on an exec/freps social but the boat driver was too pissed so it wasn't running!!
Monday night: supposed to go to the cinema with Zoe for my birthday. Ended up losing track of time, missing films so going with Zoe and Theo for a night out.
Tuesday night: went to the bar (drinking lemonade!) on a house social I didn't want to be at. Was introduced to a fresher's mum, who fell in love with me and dragged me out herself! How?!
hmmm...Have to say though, the shoe shaped chairs, comfy booths, Loveshack camper van and seventies memorabilia, along with the great music means that you can be there sober and still have a really good night out. But thankfully tonight, I get to stay in and rest cos those nights out, although I've not drunk much, have not helped my sore throat which is still very sore get better :-(. As for Loveshack- welcome to Durham and bring on Old Boys in a few weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home