Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Raindrops on Roses...


I'd forgotten what it felt like to be damp and shivery all the time! We didn't have the greatest summer, a month of a heatwave and then nothingness really. But I've been back in Durham since Saturday and already struggled getting to sleep 3 nights because it's been so cold! Case was proven when we went down to Chad's the other day for an all exec/fresher reps social. After showing our faces we left to go on to Walkabout. As we left Chad's it started to spit a bit. By the time we reached Walkabout (I'd say approx a 7 minute walk) we were so drenched we looked like we'd walked through a car wash to get there. In just a t-shirt it's no surprise that I didn't really warm up in the club and just shivered all that night. I did put a jacket on this morning to walk into town but felt I didn't need it. My first international student arrived this afternoon and just kept saying, is it always this cold in England?! Now to be fair, we do live on top of a hill, and we're at the end of September, but if it's not been cold and blustery it's been raining.
We're all trying to keep on top of things in anticipation of the freshers arriving on Sunday. All of us just hoping we can avoid the annual fresher's flu. Think I'm gonna wrap up more than usual these next few days as well cos I know that with everything going on, and the complete lack of sleep I'll get over the next week it will only take the slightest thing (and there's nothing slight about the weather!) to put me in bed just in time for lectures starting next Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home