Monday, July 31, 2006

Stress is the name of the game.....

I love living on my own. I don't feel so crowded. I can choose when I see people and when I stay in and sulk! I can choose what I want to eat and plan meals according to what I've bought. I can go to bed when I want, be as loud as I want without thinking there's people in bed. Do the jobs that need doing as I want to do them and stress without other's becomming involved. Basically I'm a nightmare to live with and will no doubt die an old spinster surrounded by no one- what can I say, I like my space. HOWEVER after the last week I've had I am well and truly ready for the return of the family! Martyn's been in Lourdes, Rob in Barlick and Wales and Mum, Dad and Simon in Menorca. I however have been at the Owls! Last week I worked 12 shifts. It was hard work, but more than do-able. What didn't help matters was that the toilet started leaking, then all the water in the house stopped working. The car stopped working and wouldn't let me into it. My purse was inside the car and there was no food in the house. The house phones stopped working (I'd only just got my new mobile set up just in time a couple of days earlier). The Cable cut out on the tv. Most of the flowers are dead because of the heat wave despite the fact I've been watering them regularly. The wedding I'd set up for at work on Saturday went horrifically, not helped by the fact I'd just nearly killed me and Martyn with reckless driving in a blazing row home before I went in and the cake they brought after I'd left collapsed and crashed before they left the church. I can barely walk as I have two large blisters on my feet from my work shoes. On my right hand my eczema has swollen right up from work, and is red and sore. I have taken two chunks out of my knuckle on my right hand and one on the side of my left hand. I have also sliced my thumb and grazed my thumb and two fingers on my right hand. Basically you name is and it's gone wrong this week. I've been up every night stressing and upset over various things until 2/3am every night and so am absolutely drained. I cannot wait for them to return and take a bit of this pressure off me so that I can have the energy to deal with the rest of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home