Friday, July 21, 2006

Birmingham




Last Wednesday (12th July) I took the day off work and went down with my mum to Birmingham. One of Simon's brass bands had got through the regional stages to the Music for Youth National Finals. The band, playing a short selection of Gabrielli pieces and dressed in renaissance gear, wowed the judges earning them a 'highly commended' certificate at the end. There were 2 outstandings, and four highly commendeds out of all the bands competing and so they really did do very well. If I could work out how to put video's on this thing I would do but I'm working in half an hour so that will have to wait till later! What I do love though is that I can have very little contact with someone for months and yet 18years of friendship will always make everything immediately relaxed, fun and we can pick up exactly where we left off. Was great to spenda few hours with David :-)


Just a glimpse of the wonderful world of Birmingham. One can't but help wondering how life would have been different if I had taken that place at the university three years ago and decided to ignore Durham completely after everything...Gorgeous city and with David we were able to see the main highlights of it including the great Symphony Hall which was just stunning! Hearing David talking about playing there with the CBSYO (with his Finnish conductor!!!!)I was reminded of how much I did used to love playing and how much I miss it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey M,

your blog is really interesting, loving the pictures! You should get your own webspace and use adsense and earn money for blogging!

Sonia

12:49 PM, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home