Friday, July 28, 2006

muse: is it possible to control emotions?

I have spent a large proportion of these last few days wondering how possible it is to control your feelings and emotions. It all started very innocently this week driving back from home when i sang the words, 'these feelings inside me, are so much more than I can take', rather than 'are almost more than I can take' at the time I just smiled and thought interesting freudian slip there Maria, and so typical! But it really got me thinking. I've always been driven by emotions. I remember all too well leaving home at least once a week from the age of about 7 in a temper tantrum. And although you could have asked me any day in the last ten and a half weeks when I left Finland and I could have told you exactly when it was as it's one of the first things I think of in the morning and one of the last things before I go to bed I have been making a concerted effort to get on with my life and to try and not forget, but put aside the things that make me so upset and wishing I was back there. One of the things my Wigan crowd have noticed over the last three years is how, compared to a lot of our other friends at uni, we don't do anything by halves. We either don't do it or we throw our whole selves into it and either get destroyed in the process or learn valuable life lessons that we could have avoided had we been a little bit more cautious. But is that way so built into me now that I can't control these emotions and should just accept that I'm always going to blow things up to more than they really are and hiding them away doesn't solve anything, or, am I actually getting better at it as I grow older and learning how to deal with these fiery moods?? All I can say is be glad I've got eleven shifts this week and haven't had too much time to dwell on such things! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home