Saturday, September 02, 2006

Helsinki

One year ago tomorrow I got on a plane to Helsinki wondering what the Hell I was doing! In one way I was excited that I was gonna meet loads of people and that the experience would change my life forever. And part of me was terrified of exactly the same thing! I've been home nearly four months now and I've lost some very close friends here because of my choice to live abroad, I've had one of the loneliest summers in a long time. Friends tell me one of two things- some say they've never seen me so confident, so sure of myself, so happy. Others say they've never seen me so lost, so empty, so lifeless. Well Helsinki certainly changed me, and although I miss every one every day, I wouldn't take back any of it, not one single day. On Tuesday I get to spend the day with Misi in Budapest, one year on from the day we met- I feel like the luckiest person alive!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) Enjoy Budapest! And say hi to Misi...

9:14 PM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home