Tuesday, September 12, 2006

never be the same again...

Just walked home from work with Chloe and as usual had a good natter all the way back! Tonights discussion became, 'can you have a close friendship with someone of the opposite sex and not wonder at some point if there is something more than friendship there'. Immediately two things jump to mind. One, is watching neighbours when I was little, back in the days of Debbie Martin, and someone saying to her 'boys and girls can never be just friends'. Why on earth do I remember that? I seem to remember at the time thinking it was ridiculous, I played football with the boys every day at school and it was only ever friendship (naturally for a 10 year old!) but I really disagreed with it. The other thing is Mel C's song 'never be the same again'. So...is it true or not? Is it impossible to have a friendship and never, at some point, think, is there something going on here? If you can't does that mean that it's the same with people of the same sex? As soon as you develop a close friendship of any nature is it natural for doubts to creep in? hmmm. I'll let you guess how I argued on the matter!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home