Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Summer no longer


Had to nip into town this afternoon to register (which I couldn't do so have to go down tomorrow for the third day in a row- it's a very sore point!) As I was running late (I blame Mis- I was never late until I met him!;-)) I decided to go prebends bridge way (see picture). Such a hardship to have to take shortcuts through beautiful areas of the city! As I hurried over the bridge and up towards the cathedral I was delighted to see that the road was spilled with conkers! It was so picturesque and I smiled to myself and thought Autumn is here! As a child I loved Autumn because it was my birthday. Now I'm not fussed about the birthday bit, but there's something about the crisp air and crunchy leaves that makes me want to wrap up warm and walk for hours :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home