Tuesday, March 06, 2007

small mercies

It was in first year that I heard that during the results period in June they close the towers in the Cathedral so that students can't do anything stupid...
Maybe it's just that time of year, or the fact there's still so much to do and no time to do it. February was a particularly tough month for me, and when I wasn't in trouble I was causing it because of everything else going on. It all reached it's climax last Wednesday (28th) when I had a dissertation meeting. Two hours of tears later my supervisor had cancelled most of my terms work and set me a specific timetable for the next week. Tonight I was beginning to panic again having sat staring at a computer screen most of the week so I took myself out of my room and to H House. When I went in they were having a discussion about who has less value and should die! It's also a well known fact that if someone in your house commits suicide you get a 2.1 for that year because of the grief and trauma (or at least that's the rumour...I don't know how true it is- thankfully!) The difference with this discussion was the willingness to volunteer from people! It's dissertation time, everyone's out of their mind with stress and I don't think things are going to be as bad during exams but we'll have to wait and see! In the meantime I did actually get some work done. Not a great amount but more than I would have done in my room (the irony that more work gets done in a suicidal room than in my room full of happy photos and music) so at least I have something to show on Wednesday now :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home