Monday, March 05, 2007

Close-knit communities

On Thursday I bumped into a mate of mine in town. I did music A level with Ed at Runshaw and then the week after our exams he moved down south. Ed went on to do a gap year and then came to Durham to do music in my second year. We've probably seen each other 5 or 6 times since (Although he was actually in Helsinki for a few days last Easter when I was there...) So as usual it was a HEY!!! event. He introduced me to the person he was talking to at the time saying 'Ben this is Maria who did A level music with me'. Ben said, yeah you know her brother don't you? To which I thought...how does he know who I am?! And Ed said, yeah I did an education module with Martyn in first year. What?!? The next night I went to Jazz Rock and Cocktails and Ed comes in! Twice in two days...wow. Ben comes over to talk to us (apparently he's from Aidan's) and introduces Ed to Jonny, his house mate and band mate, who happens to do theology with me. Meanwhile I find out that Beckie who was the first person I met this year in the theology department lived with Ed last year. Agggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! Durham's claustrophobicness. A blessing or a curse?! I'm off teaching now where I become Miss Bajkowski for the afternoon anc none of this incestuous closed world goes on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home