Sunday, February 18, 2007

Globalising Conditions

I sat down at the table the first day I got home at Christmas and my fifteen year old brother turned round and said 'so, Maria, is there a theological explanation for global warming because I've been thinking....'. Then last week one of my mum's friends came round to see me when i got out of hospital and the conversation got onto global warming. (when I say conversation- I lay and listened really!) They were saying how when they learnt about it at school it wasn't real, they never really believed it was going to be something of their generation's concern. Then the other day I noticed this link and passed it onto a friend who's dissertation is about climate change. Today I was walking from the bar back to my room to grab a jumper because it was so cold in the bar, and outside it was t-shirt weather. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and it felt more like May than February. It could just be a warm day, it could be coincidence that we've had one of the warmest winters in years, that we've only had 2 days of snow in Durham (and elsewhere in the country) this year. But it just got me thinking, and this is from someone who try's to avoid thinking about such things!, about my mum's conversation and what it means about the future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home