Saturday, January 13, 2007

All in the life of a film

Last night we were watching 'Eyes Wide Shut'. Tom Cruise becomes involved by chance in some sort of cult in the film (which is ironic enough that he has become so involved in scientology now) but when watching him move from room to room with sexual activity taking part in all rooms, of all types, Emily said to me, 'what I want to know is what's going to happen when all those girls become pregnant', and midst copying up some notes on my computer while watching it, completely unphased, I said, 'oh no what they'll do is abort at a particular time, and then the foetuses will be eaten as part of a ritual', and then as an after thought, 'hey! i guess i have learnt some stuff over Christmas after all!' erm...does anyone else feel slightly disturbed by this?! It was only when I stopped and thought about it afterwards that I began to think- hang on, this is not a normal life you lead Maria!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home