Monday, January 08, 2007

philosophising as a car

But it was long ago and it was far away,
Oh God it seems so very far
And if life is just a highway,
Then the soul is just a car

Nipped up to Spar last night to get some photocopying done and this song was playing in the car (Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are, Meatloaf). and those last two lines about the highway and the car, last night I thought that is just rubbish. there is no meaning behind it whatsoever, it's just two lines that fit in and rhyme correctly. This morning walking back home I thought...well actually, I guess that- and started philosophising that maybe I was being harsh last night, and there is something in it after all. What do you think? Do I need to get a life and step outside my degree for once?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home