Monday, February 19, 2007

General update

So why haven't I been updating my blog. Well I didn't have the energy to for about a week. But other than that things have actually been really busy. Exam dates and graduation dates have been posted on the internet this week and the space is there for publication of exam results which is scary! Doesn't seem two minutes since I was checking everyone's results out last year. Work is going as fast as ever. Too much to do in too little time. Teaching is fine and seems to come round on a Monday all too soon each week. I had a job interview at home last week and keep thinking about needing to apply for more. It was my brother's 21st last week so the family were up in Durham to celebrate. And as usual college doesn't stop! We had a Las Vegas night in college one night. This last week has been Duck Week with events on every night. On Valentines Day we had an Anti-Valentines party in H House with a secret valentines. Like secret Santa, we all chose a name out of a pile and bought that person a present. On the night we exchanged gifts, watched 'Little Miss Sunshine', which if you ask me isn't as brilliant as everyone's making it out to be. It's a good film, but I don't think it's particularly amazing, and we drank lot's of wine and ate chocolates and sweets. The weekend before Valentine's Day we had a big cocktail party at H House with the same culprits for Jo's birthday. I left home early to get back for this and it was great fun :-) We all go dressed up, and bought in more alcohol than we could drink between us in a month! Many a cocktail were mixed, many a song sung to and danced, and we all forgot about our stress for one night. On Thursday we had a 'Valentines Charity Dinner Dance' as part of Duck Week, which also happened to be Clare's 21st (who organises formals). So there were jazz bands and the like for that, along with valentines hits of last rolo's and wooden roses for sale to be presented for people throughout the meal. Tonight we had presidential elections in our JCR meeting (how are we that far into term?!) On Wednesday it's the Duck Star in Your Eyes Final, which Aidan's have won the last two years so I'll have to be there supporting Becky and co. And Saturday is Aidan's day, which I've never made before because except for last year when I was in Helsinki watching the Winter Olympics, I've been on retreat at Lindisfarne with CathSoc before. And the doctors told me not to stress and relax?! I barely have time to breathe these days...

Las Vegas Night
Cocktail Party in H House

Martyn's Birthday at Chiquitos

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

1:45 AM, November 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home