Saturday, September 01, 2007

Eurovision Dance Contest

My favourite continent+a sport I love+competition= a very exciteable Maria :-) I've just realised that tonight is the Eurovision Dance Contest!!! Based on the eurovision song contest, held in May every year, tonight is going to be a dance off across countries of amateur dancers. I've just been looking at the website of all the entrants. How ironic that teh two representing the UK are not native Brits when the woman representing Austria was born in Liverpool! According to the website Finland is the 6th happiest nation in the world...really? My Grandad had a huge go at me last week for not being patriotic to my home (interesting when he's spent 22 years telling me I'm naturally Polish!) but I'm afraid I'm going to have to let him down tonight because I don't think I'll be voting for Camilla and Brendan. I mean- Poland always gets a vote from me in anything, and Finland gets my support whatever, wherever, whenever. Then there's the fact that the Russian girl is called Maria and since I was little I've supported Maria in whatever capacity (take for example Dana International in the Eurovision Song Contest) and then there's Ireland. How could I not be in love with the Irish entry- whatever they do, simply because they're Irish!! I've been trying to figure out how to make this weekend pass quicker when home alone with Monday looming, so this sounds like the perfect excuse :-) Plus- how could a night with Graham and Claudia not be fun?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home