Monday, August 20, 2007

Confused by the Rain

This post has taken me so long to put up I can't find the link to the article anymore, but it made me smile so I'm just going to talk about it anyway! I only half saw the review on the news so I can't go into a great amount of detail but apparently some owls were brought over to the UK 9 years ago and are kept in the zoo. The owls only mate though, during the monsoon season and so there have been no new 'baby' (?) owls since they were moved here...none that is until this year. Yes, apparently, all the rain we've had this summer has confused the owls into believing that it's the monsoon season and so the zoo have been celebrating their first ever baby owlings. I can't help but wonder if it's cruel to bring over owls that only mate during the monsoon season when we don't get such weather. Either that, or create a monsoon for them in the conditions they live in- but don't get me started on zoo's and the rights of animals or I'll start talking about that lion in Finland again!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home