Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wet Wet Wet

Well this summer will certainly be one that's remembered in the UK. The Monday that I was in Milan England had the most rain EVER (not just in June- but ever) recorded since they began recording dates. My grandma rang me up today to tell me she's counted two days of sun so far this summer. The last I heard, which is a few weeks ago now, the damage has mounted above one and a half billion pounds. People have lost their homes and possessions. On the news today they were talking about the effect of tourism in the Lakes. Although it was interesting that they said people camping had fallen 75% with only 200 campers compared to the usual 2,000. Last time I checked 25% of 2,000 was not 200- but either way- it's a big issue for all involved in trade that requires a British summer. How they got through Wimbledon this year I've no idea. This photo was taken about an hour after it started raining this week in London, and about 20mins after it started last week I struggled to get home because all the streets leading to my house were flooded. And out of the whole country the North West has probably done the best and suffered the least. Last summer was unbareably hot- and this one has caused destruction. Welcome to Global Warming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home