Wednesday, March 14, 2007

September 2007: GTP

After a mad confusion this week I can now actually confirm, having spoken to the boss myself, that I'm all sorted for next year :-) I didn't know anything about the GTP course this time last year. I found out about it after the deadline and somehow managed to get scam them into giving me a late application. I was then in hospital when I found out about getting an interview and it was debatable whether or not I'd make the interview. Having been told in the interview that there were no spaces for R.E teachers available but that I had a good application so they were letting me through the first round anyway I figured that would be where it all ended. And somehow I've found that the school have made a place for me having decided not to put me through the second interview stage and skip to just offering me a place in the school next year to train to be a teacher. I'm still in complete and utter shock! I've gone from six days work experience to a permanent position next year and that really excites me and terrifies me at the same time! But it's a good school, I get on well with the Headteacher, Head of R.E and chaplaincy team and am looking forward to working with them all over the next twelve months. I thought you might all like to see the school that are destined to put up with me and if you're REALLY interested this is their website:
http://www.st-maryshigh.wigan.gateway.talmos.net/default.html
now I must go and live up to the G in GTP (Graduate Teacher Programme) and get that degree of mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home