Saturday, July 28, 2007

More...

Decided to take myself off to Mass this evening as I've had a few days in solitude and felt just being amongst people would be healthy even if I didn't speak to anyone. There was an article in the newsletter as such:

Unsafe Headstones
The survey has been done and those with yellow stickers need attention by the owners of the grave to make the headstones safe. Those with 2 yellow stickers are deemed to be in a dangerous condition and require immediate action which will be taken to make them safe.


Is it me, or is that a completely insensitive message? I saw some of the 'yellow stickers' as I left- big gashes of masking tape across the headstones. Surely it would have been more appropriate to say, some problems have arisen in regards to safety and so if there is a marker on your loved one's stone please come and talk to me for further information. Just sounds a bit more...personal to me than- keep better care of your graves or we'll mark you out! Maybe it's just me reading that in the message having been riled by most of the things in the Mass, but after all my talk on how death shouldn't be approached cautiously this week- I can hardly claim that it has been here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home