Saturday, December 09, 2006

from some dodgy catholic...

just to let you know the highlight of my day because it tickled me immensely!
Context: understanding the context of my day is pretty important first of all! I was kept up until 5.40am last night with my drunken housemates parties while I tried to sleep. That meant this morning I was in no fit state to read the articles for this afternoons seminar. Only a handful of people turned up to the seminar so I had no choice but to talk about things I had no clue about! I then went up to the library to argue with them about why a book I had renewed hadn't been renewed and why I was being fined for another book I had returned earlier this week. After this I went down to Church where they had adoration all afternoon and cried for an hour. At 5pm I wiped the tears away and walked into the pub where the theologians meet every week
So we're all sat there in the pub, subdued, exhausted and most of us on lemonade! Mary is talking about an essay she has been working on and says that the thing about Luther is when you start reading about him properly and understanding him properly, you need to understand about Catholicisim to do so accordingly, but then you get something like Maria, which is just wrong!
lol, most people fell about laughing and Stuart quickly said 'rephrase that, now!' Because we know each other so well I knew exactly what she meant. We're not shy of talking faiths with each other, and coming from someone who didn't know any but hated all Catholics before coming to uni its been a fun journey learning each other's backgrounds! She missed my conversation with Theo yesterday of 'I hate my church but I love it too much to ever be able to leave'. Still...I have to admit, I have to agree with her. I mean would you trust a Catholic with Lutheran sympathies? Look what happened in the 16th century when that happened!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home