Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wine? I'm sure it was water when we began!!


The quiet calm of Abbey House, full of some of the worlds top leading theologians, scribbling away at their latest work. Hmmm! Last night we had the theology ball. Most people who aren't theologians tend to say theologians and alcohol?Nah!. Those thoelogians amongst us though know that it will end up being one of the messiest nights of the year and this one was no exception! Unlike previous years, there were only two lecturers who came along which is a shame as it's always nice to chat to them outside of the classrooms. I was sat on the table with one of our new lecturers who has just moved here from Cambridge and is taking my second year module that I'm sitting. He seems lovely but before last night I'd never had the opportunity to speak to him. Word of advice though for all those who think it would be nice to have a small, close knit department like ours. DON'T drink so much you've chunks of the night missing from your memory. DON'T spend 3 hours telling new lecturer you think he's amazing! DON'T keep accepting drinks from two lecturers when you can already barely stand up. DON'T drag your lecturers into the nightclub when they obviously don't want to go and there's only about half an hour left before closing anyway. DON'T walk back across the city with new lecturer bare foot because you bought new shoes that morning and they were hurting. DON'T introduce new *shy* lecturer, to outlandish housemates, also drunk on their way home. DON'T offer to let him sleep on your floor when he can't remember his code to get into college (I don't actually remember that part!) DON'T miss one lecture of the year the next morning on your dissertation subject. DON'T limp down to lecture, having removed stones and left holes in feet, and sit in class with the new lecturer- because it's humiliating!!!!!! I was still shaking at 9.30pm tonight after the experience. Chris just laughed at me when I walked into his lecture today and offered him a penny sweet in apology! I'd like to say I'll learn but really I know it's just another night down in the history of the Theology Department!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home