Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Death Penalty

Wrote all these details for my international students in Durham about what goes on in November as you've already seen from Halloween and Bonfire Night. This fact just interested me. Then they told me they were so impressed with the email they were sending it home to their parents! Think I maybe need to reconsider what goes in next months and not show my crazy side so much!
The last public hanging took place in England on the 7th November 1783. The man was John Austin, a forger who met his fate at Tyburn.
Thought it was quite apt in the end though with everything that's been going on this week in the news...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe that the last person to be hanged actually turned out to be innocent....
D'oh!

1:24 PM, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home