Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Helsinki the 'cult'

There's always one module every year which takes you by surprise, which you expect to be rubbish and end up thoroughly enjoying. Last year it was Christian Fundamentalism in the U.S, so it shouldn't be surprising to me that this year it's the Religious Innovations course. It's been fascinating. This mornings lecture though was on 'brainwashing'. We were looking at what the media portray as brainwashing and what actually goes on. All the 'symptoms' of people, who have been involved in New Religious Movements, put forward by psychologists, theologians, sociologists, the media, example after example. And I sat there for most of the lecture thinking, that's what I was like when I got back from Helsinki. I saw my mate go through that, I still feel like that. So is going to live abroad for one year like becoming fully indoctrinated into a 'Cult'?? If so can someone tell me where I can get hold of a deprogrammer to get me out of the horrific adaptation?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaska said...

yeah, give me the deprogrammers number after you've finished.

9:46 PM, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home