Sunday, November 12, 2006

to kiss or not to kiss...

Had a bit of a marathon these last few days of films. I've watched Love Actually, Brokeback Mountain (twice!), Brief Encounter, Bridget Jones:The edge of reason, all six hours of the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice, and all 23 episodes of the first series of Desperate Housewives. Just because it's an excuse to put a picture of Colin Firth in a wet shirt up thought I'd make a brief comment about Pride and Prejudice. They were talking about it the other day in one of my lectures. The new film that came out with Keira Knightley last year (which I went to see on my own at the cinema in Finland- those were the days!) was made with two different endings. One for it's American audience, and one for the British. In the American version Mr Darcy and Lizzy kiss at the end whereas in the British one they don't. Apparently it's to satisfy the different sort of audiences- says a lot about the British to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home