Wednesday, December 13, 2006

And finally...

My life is full of finalities! On Monday I was talking to Abby and she was saying it was exactly a year since she left Helsinki. A very scary thought...it means Helsinki isn't something we've just done now, it's another thing on the CV of something I did. And this last week I've been considering how much I've wasted the 7 months that I've been home, I'm feeling restless to do something else now (uh oh). Today is also the last day of term- although unfortunately it only meant handing my penultimate essay in. I have another in on Friday, an interview for my dissertation on Saturday morning and then work experience begins on Monday. College is empty, all but for a handful of hardcore students staying on, now and there's an eerie silence about the place. On top of that the weather today has decided to go hysterical. A few times I thought I was going to lose my balance earlier on. It's just ridiculously windy and wet. A crazy end to a crazy term. That means however that I just have 3 months and 4 exams left and my whole degree is over. So the week has been one of considering the last 4 years, the last 12 months, and the last three months. And with this restless need to make an end something new and exciting I don't think I will get the rest I probably need! I'm too excited about my next project, and the next few months :-) And so with that, all that remains is to say happy birthday to my muppet :-) don't worry that you're getting old now sweetie- it's not the end yet, still plenty of time to do something crazy! This year's Christmas Newsletter finished with, Maria remains unpredictable....well I have to live up to these expectations they have of me- bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home