Monday, November 26, 2007

Memories

Today was a normal chaotic day. We got up late. School was busy. Found out I had a meeting after school I knew nothing about when I'd finally booked an appointment at the doctors 8 weeks too late! Missed the meeting and drove to the surgery miles away through tea time traffic. Then went to the pharmicist on the way back, driving in the rain and dark. Arrived back exhausted and not ready to do all the work I have to do tonight.

Andrew and Liam had also just got back. From the vets. Bruce ran out in the street today and got hit by a car. The house seems empty. The bag of crisps I'm managing to eat somehow I should be fighting to eat on my own. As for the work I'm meant to be doing...

But anyway, I was thinking about something dad was saying the other day. Rob came up with his gf this weekend and we were telling him about a home video my grandma's recently put on a dvd. Dad was commenting on the photos on the wall of my gt gt gt granfather and how important photos have always been for people and continue to be. He was saying that you just can't find anything to replace photos to look back through.

I've spent the last month since I moved in properly here thinking- I should take a picture of Bruce. He's always up to mischief. Last night he ripped a tennis ball apart. Took us a while to clear up all the mess he'd made. Stole some bread from Andrew when his back was turned for a second. He really wasn't impressed with Gromit. When the three of us (me, Bruce and Gromit) sat in on Friday night together he wasn't happy with the addition at all. And now, we've no photos. Nothing to remember him by. And yet somehow that makes it easier. I've hidden all my photos and anything personal in my room. My life at the moment is blank like the white walls, focussed only on school. Maybe that's the best way to go, the way it should be. Certianly makes situations like this easier to deal with. The less emotions involved the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home