Sunday, December 09, 2007

Advent, a time of preparation- and stress!

Ok, I'm just going to take the opportunity to moan about 50% of the population- or however much it is. I've had it up to here today with men- they're doing my head in. I dunno, maybe it's just me not having time to talk to anyone these days, although if I'm honest it is partly optional- filling my life with work even when I've completed more than enough. But I decided this weekend I was going to take a grip on my life- do the washing that should have been done 3 weeks ago, catch up on my mentor reflections of the last 13 weeks etc. So I put on my nerves of steel last night and did stuff I should have done months ago with my life.
I then headed to ASDA at lunchtime today to get my latest prescription from the doctors in the hope it wouldn't make me as physically ill as last weeks did. While there I picked up some staple diets we'd run out of at home. Queuing for a while I finally got to the front of the kiosk and asked for some cigarettes. The lad behind the counter grinned at me and said 'no'. As I say- today was simply not the day to push me! When I stood there looking at him with daggers he said, sorry, I forgot now what it was you wanted, so I repeated- 40 Benson and Hedges please. He replied with 'have you got any ID?' I know for a fact, that however young I look, I do not look 15 years old! and so through gritted teeth I decided not to trust myself to speak but instead handed over my drivers license. BIG MISTAKE! He then started going on about how that wasn't me in the picture and then when we established that it was, could he keep the card to 'perv on'. He's lucky I simply handed over the money and didn't tell him where to stick the cigarettes. Swine. Driving home afterwards I wondered why I got so uptight about such a little episode, but I didn't really need to wonder.
It's advent- two weeks until Christmas. I hate Christmas, always have had. Trying to do lesson plans on the theme of advent this weekend has been the hardest thing I've had to do so far this year, I've sat there staring blankly at the computer unable to write anything. I simply can't concentrate on the message of hope when I want to crawl into bed and drink the period away. Today has been the day that I've realised officially, Christmas is only two weeks away.
Having said that, I worked all afternoon in my room with Martin fixing my bed which had snapped in three different places, and when I got upset this evening, Andrew said nothing but got the Baileys out. So I can't blame the whole male species who seem to be doing a spectacular job at winding me up at the moment, but I will continue to sullk now for another 4 weeks I should imagine- so be warned, I'm just not a fan of the human race at the moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home